Why Tarek El Moussa Can Now Appear On Heather Rae Young's Netflix Show Selling Sunset

Forum 3 years ago

Why Tarek El Moussa Can Now Appear On Heather Rae Young's Netflix Show Selling Sunset

America loves a real-estate show, and while home renovation series are a dime a dozen nowadays, many of us have become even more fond of reality shows that focus on those who sell high end homes around the country. Selling Sunset is one such series, and the Netflix hit has become known for showing off the glitzy, glamorous, and sometimes messy lives of its real estate agents just as much as the fancy mansions they sell. Well, star Heather Rae Young's personal storyline sounds like it will get a boost if there's a Season 4, because her fiancé, Flipping 101's Tarek El Moussa, will be able to appear, and now we know why.

If you've checked out both Selling Sunset and Flipping 101, you'll know that the shows appear in totally different places, with Selling Sunset calling streaming king Netflix home and Flipping 101 giving Tarek El Moussa another series on HGTV. As such, even though there are camera crews following El Moussa and his new wife-to-be, Heather Rae Young, for their own shows, they weren't allowed to appear on each other's series. But, that's now changed, as Young explained to BuzzFeed that she filmed an episode of Flipping 101, which ended up being her engagement to El Moussa. Because of that, fans can now expect to see some crossover:

Because they got to film the engagement, Netflix and HGTV came to an agreement that Tarek is allowed to film an episode with me next season. . . . I'm so excited to have him on camera with me and film with him. We have so much fun together, and we love filming together.

Well, it would seem that El Moussa's July 25 proposal to Young meant a lot more than just helping to solidify their relationship even further. We know that reality show producers love nothing more than big ups and downs in the lives of their cast, so there was no way that Selling Sunset and Flipping 101 were both going to miss filming that major moment. According to Young, HGTV filmed and will be featuring that joyous occasion, so it makes sense that Netflix and HGTV would come to an agreement about having the couple appear on each other's shows, previous network / streaming restrictions be damned.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 2 days ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 4 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello
Forum | 4 days ago

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello