Fast & Furious Had Plans To Go To Space A Decade Ago

Forum 3 years ago

Fast & Furious Had Plans To Go To Space A Decade Ago

Seth Rogen claims the Fast & Furious franchise floated the idea of going into space over a decade ago. The FF franchise has become one of the most recognizable on the big screen, spawning a number of popular movies and shining a spotlight on stars such as Vin Diesel, Gal Gadot, Michelle Rodriguez, and the late Paul Walker.

While Fast & Furious movies have always taken place on Earth, it seems the gang is now headed into space with Fast and Furious 9 (known officially as F9). Michelle Rodriguez seemingly confirmed the news in an interview with The Jess Cagle Show; when asked if the cast of F9 was headed into space, Rodriguez reacted with astonishment, saying "nobody was supposed to know that." Although she didn't say much more regarding the show's new setting, Rodriguez did emphasize that the female cast would play a much larger role in the new film.

Now, Seth Rogen has taken to Twitter to proclaim that Fast & Furious producers were considering going into space ten years prior. Rogen's tweet references an old conversation between him, Evan Goldberg, and an unnamed Fast & Furious producer. Rogen says that Goldberg jokingly asked when the Fast & Furious crew were headed into space; in response, the producer replied, "not yet." You can check out Rogen's tell-all tweet below.

While Rogen doesn't go into much more detail and the franchise has remained largely silent since Rodriguez's interview, fans are already excited over the news, although this doesn't come as much of a surprise. For one, Fast & Furious films have always pushed the boundary of what's to come. For instance, Hobbs & Shaw, a Fast & Furious spinoff, showcased technological advancement beyond typical means. In many ways, moving into space is a natural evolution—the franchise is more than ready for take-off.

Although Rogen, Goldberg, and a Fast & Furious producer were ready for blast off a decade prior, it's taken the franchise a bit longer to catch up. Yet with Rodriguez confirming F9's move into space, many fans are eagerly awaiting this change. While some may say that Fast & Furious has strayed too far from its original storyline of illegal street racing, moving into space actually seems like the next, logical step. After all, cast members from the series have already returned from the dead, saved the world, and broken just about every technological barrier known to man—what could possibly come next, other than a journey into the final frontier?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 2 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie

EPL: He’s part of my plans – Arteta rules out Arsenal star leaving Emirates
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s part of my plans – Arteta rules out Arsenal star leaving Emirates