John Boyega To Star In The Test From Wolverine Director Gavin Hood

Forum 3 years ago

John Boyega To Star In The Test From Wolverine Director Gavin Hood

John Boyega will star alongside Payman Maadi in Gavin Hood’s The Test, a psychological thriller that follows the two leads confronting a far-right terrorist group during a citizenship test. Gavin Hood was the director behind X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Ender’s Game. Boyega, known for playing Finn in the most recent Star Wars trilogy, has recently been in the public eye for criticizing the character’s arc.

According to Deadline, Boyega will play a behavioral psychologist that’s administering the test during a terrorist attack. The film will be a “contained thriller” that will attempt to capitalize on the fact that the pandemic is still hindering productions. While Hood has quite a few thriller films already under his belt, it seems that this new film is a different animal, stating that The Test is:

“… a heart-pounding psychological thriller, set in an authoritarian near-future that grabbed me by the throat and left me reeling.”

Boyega has been in demand since 2011’s Attack the Block, later being cast alongside Tom Hanks and Emma Watson in The Circle and then as the lead in Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit. More recently, Boyega was tapped by Steve McQueen for his anthology series Small Axe. Boyega is a force on-screen, and it seems that a lot of directors and production companies agree.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/529e974348ecc67d8ebe128bade44cd6.jpg

Boyega gained the public backing of Jordan Peele and dozens of other industry veterans after expressing his thoughts on harmful industry practices and participated in the Black Lives Matter protests. It is evident that the actor has already secured his position in Hollywood and will still have a blooming career allowing his craft and reach to grow. Hopefully, The Test is another blockbuster hit for Boyega.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 3 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 3 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 3 hours ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening