Ferran Torres Signed For Manchester City In Early August

Forum 3 years ago

Ferran Torres Signed For Manchester City In Early August

Ferran Torres, recently signed by Manchester City, gave an interview to ‘Sky Sports’ in which he talked about his decision to leave Valencia and sign for Pep Guardiola’s team.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0bce25d7e0a07947757c8d9d98b0c6b1.jpg

Manchester City’s Spanish midfielder Ferran Torres is clear that he sees himself as “capable” of becoming a starter in the City team despite his youth and the quality of the existing squad. He also pointed out that Pep Guardiola was an important figure in his decision to step away from Valencia.

“I’m an ambitious player and I know I’m capable of becoming a starter. I’m going to work hard to achieve that,” said Ferran Torres in an interview with ‘Sky Sports’, where he acknowledged that he knew he would be entering into a squad with “a lot of very high-level players”. He noted that there was “a lot of quality” in his first training session.

“I hope to be at that level soon,” said the Spaniard, who praised Belgian Kevin De Bruyne as “a magnificent, world-class player”. Ferran Torres is also looking forward to working alongside Pep Guardiola, “a coach who knows how to get the best out of each player”.

“I’m young and I think I have a lot of room for improvement, so I thought he was the right man to help me with this. He wants me to play football and get numbers in terms of goals and assists,” he said.

In any case, he knows that “English football is very different to football in Spain because it is more physical”. “But that’s a style of play that suits me better and I think I’m going to adapt quickly”, added the international. He will be wearing the ’21’ that David Silva left vacant, who he crossed paths with in Valencia and was one of the players he “most admired”.

The Valencia youth academy graduate also sees it as a positive sign that he made his debut with Valencia at a very young age. “It makes you see life and approach things differently. I think I am a little more mature than many players of my age”, he said.

“Of course, it is not easy to leave a place that has been your home for 12 or 13 years. You’ve spent your whole life attached to it, but every player has to look at what’s best for him and I thought it was best for me to come to this great club and continue to improve with Pep and these guys,” he added about his departure from Valencia.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact