The Batman Excites Robert Pattinson Just Like Twilight

Forum 3 years ago

The Batman Excites Robert Pattinson Just Like Twilight

Robert Pattinson says he's excited by the idea that he can mess up The Batman. Best known for his role as Edward Cullen in the Twilight films, the actor is officially entering the superhero sandbox with the upcoming Matt Reeves project for Warner Bros. and DC Films. While he's essentially taking over Ben Affleck's role, The Batman will be set in a separate reality from the DCEU, which means that it's not beholden to any established continuity.

During last month's DC FanDome, Reeves and Pattinson debuted the first trailer for The Batman, and initial doubts on this new iteration of the Caped Crusader has somehow been lessened. Set in Bruce Wayne's second year as the Bat of Gotham, the film will explore the corruption in the city and how Bruce and the Waynes supposedly connect to all of this. The Riddler (Paul Dano) is tipped to be the narrative's primary villain, but the project also features Penguin (Colin Farrell) and Catwoman (Zoe Kravitz) from the hero's impressive rogues gallery.

It would be an understatement to say that there's immense pressure for The Batman to be good; it just goes with the character being one of the most popular comic book heroes with legions of fans. While this would usually scare actors, Pattinson tells Total Film (via Digital Spy) that the idea that he can screw things up oddly excites him. He also revealed a bit about where his Bruce Wayne is mentally when the film picks up.

"I weirdly enjoyed it during Twilight, the idea that you can mess it up. I guess I felt confident. I wanted to be on the big stage.

There's a slightly different feeling when you know loads and loads of people are going to watch something you're working on.

It's not an origin tale, and you're meeting him in the early days. And for me, what's really important about this iteration is that you know a lot of the other stories are about how he had to master his fear and master himself in order to become Batman. And that in that Batman state, he's sort of in his best self.

I hope what's different about what we're doing is try and do it in exactly that sort of manner and then of course the other things that are from the earlier history of the context of him being the world's greatest detective and how we got there."https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/df17307d193272a8bea59a3e9a6d88d4.jpg

Being the face of the Twilight film series which was already very popular as novels, Pattinson is not new to high-profile projects. Fans are obviously hoping that The Batman will be a significantly better movie than the romance-fantasy saga, but the critically-panned franchise somehow helped the actor be more relaxed in taking on the Caped Crusader. This could ultimately be a good thing as Pattinson is simply focused on doing his job properly and not get bogged down by external factors. Given how he's built his career over the last few years, not to mention the nifty trailer, there's a good chance that The Batman won't be a disappointment.

It's worth noting that just because Pattinson finds the idea of messing up The Batman thrilling means he will actually drop the ball. The actor long-wanted to play the Caped Crusader; now that he has it, chances are that he won't deliberately screw things up. Based on his comments, it seems like he's just excited to be in this big project that people are really interested in.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami
Forum | 18 hours ago

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman
Forum | 1 day ago

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues