Spider-Verse Characters Look Even Cooler In Realistic CGI

Forum 3 years ago

Spider-Verse Characters Look Even Cooler In Realistic CGI

The characters of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse look even more awesome with realistic CGI. Since premiering in December 2018, the animated film has been lauded as the best Spider-Man adaptation and one of the best superhero movies of all time. It’s been praised for providing a fresh spin on the Webbed Wonder’s familiar origin story, its excellent writing, and incisive characterization.

One of the biggest sources of praise for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, among fans and critics alike, has been its animation style. The animation was done by Sony Pictures Imageworks. At first, it wasn’t an easy process. It took almost a year for two animators to create 10 seconds of footage that accurately reflected the vision of producers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, which was to offer the audiences the impression they’d just ventured inside a comic book. The patience paid off, as many reviews later noted it was the visual distinctiveness of Into the Spider-Verse that ultimately placed it above other Spider-Man adaptations. It included various homages to the source material and a combination of CGI animation and comic book drawing techniques. Now, stunning images by artist Hossein Diba go in a different direction, presenting the movie in an awesome new way.

Diba posted the art on his Twitter account, which showed how the characters of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse would look if they were rendered in more realistic CGI. Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, and Gwen Stacy are all highlighted. Even the villainous Kingpin is included in Diba’s tremendous work. You can check out the art below.

The attention to detail is truly remarkable. Zooming in on the photos, for example, reveals the subtle imperfections in each character’s skin. In other ways, the images provide the opportunity to see the characters of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in a somewhat different light. For the vast majority of the film's running time, Kingpin is absolutely frightening, but he looks even more unsettling when presented in a photorealistic manner. On another front, Peter B. Parker looks less the charming schlub Into the Spider-Verse depicted him as. Given how his overall appearance is noticeably improved, it takes away from his arc in the movie, which portrayed Peter as a depressed superhero that had let himself go over the years. These changes serve to demonstrate how aesthetic differences, even seemingly minor ones, would alter the world that was so memorably showcased in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

That’s because, among the many other aspects the film excels at, it uses animation and comic book style to inform the characters. A large factor in the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse comes down to its visual flair. It served as a tribute to the comic book roots of Spider-Man with its use of word bubbles and the heavy reliance on color to represent mood, as well as the trademarks of various heroes. Still, a more realistic CGI would have certainly been an intriguing prospect in distinct ways, and this absolutely eye-catching collection of photos serves as proof.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 6 days ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 1 week ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments

The Apprentice First Look Image Previews Sebastian Stan as Donald Trump
Forum | 1 week ago

The Apprentice First Look Image Previews Sebastian Stan as Donald Trump

Look Out For New Moon From Monday – Sultan Of Sokoto Tells Muslims
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Look Out For New Moon From Monday – Sultan Of Sokoto Tells Muslims