Spain Or Mali Is The Question For Adama

Forum 3 years ago

Spain Or Mali Is The Question For Adama

Adama Traore could yet play for either Spain or Mali but has revealed a desire to represent the former world champions, Luis Enrique says.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dc0f6056ccdc80d3dd701ba4794a0616.jpgLuis Enrique is optimistic Adama Traore will finally make his Spain debut despite a call-up from Mali. Wolves winger Traore is eligible to represent either nation and has been included in both squads for the upcoming international break.

It is the third time Spain have selected the former Barcelona man, with injury and coronavirus preventing a bow that would cap-tie him until now.

But Luis Enrique remains confident Traore will link up with his squad and belatedly debut.

“It’s the third time, so I’ll touch wood,” he told a news conference after announcing his squad, which included Levante midfielder Jose Campana for the first time. It’s the player who has to decide. What I know is that I have spoken with him and he wants to play for Spain.”

The Spain coach was dealt a blow on Friday, however, as Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal suffered a ligament injury in his right knee. Carvajal will reportedly be missing for two months after sustaining the issue in training.

“It’s unpleasant for him,” Luis Enrique said. “He’s in good hands. I’ll speak with my staff, but we’re quite clear about who will replace him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Adamawa Police To Arrest Hospitalised Teenager For Stabbing Friend To Death
Forum | 4 days ago

Adamawa Police To Arrest Hospitalised Teenager For Stabbing Friend To Death

Drama As Senator ‘Runs Away’ From Live TV Interview Over Question On 2024 Budget
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Drama As Senator ‘Runs Away’ From Live TV Interview Over Question On 2024 Budget

Friendly: Super Eagles played well despite defeat to Mali – Finidi
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Friendly: Super Eagles played well despite defeat to Mali – Finidi

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech