Never Have I Ever Season 2 Filming Begins Next Month

Forum 3 years ago

Never Have I Ever Season 2 Filming Begins Next Month

Season 1 of Never Have I Ever, Mindy Kaling's teen drama on Netflix, was a hit, with production on season 2 now set to start in November.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/814018b5d8bf503bfd4401ef66a4616a.jpg

Netflix's 2020 hit Never Have I Ever will begin production of season 2 in November. The show, co-created by Mindy Kaling and narrated by John McEnroe, follows Devi Vishwakumar (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan) as she deals with romantic foibles, drama with her best friends, and grief after an unexpected heart attack kills her father (Sendhil Ramamurthy). Never Have I Ever season 1 ended with a cliffhanger for Devi's love life.

Earlier this week, Kaling tweeted excitedly about the show starting production. According to Variety, the show's tentative start date is November 10, and the set will take the usual COVID-19 precautions to ensure the cast and crew's safety. Theoretically, this means season 2 could be available to stream by the middle of 2021, but it all depends on what will be possible with the pandemic.

Never Have I Ever elegantly balances lighthearted humor and wit with discussions about identity, culture, and loss – loosely based on Kaling's own experience surrounding these topics. Devi is an over-achieving high schooler with an unpredictable temperament and a growing interest in boys. She has a tough relationship with her mother (Poorna Jagannathan) that becomes further strained after Devi's dad dies. The show also lends focus to a variety of other family dynamics through the storylines of its side characters.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8cee734603de77daf5b594664f7af9af.jpg

Season 1 left audiences with some questions to resolve. Season 2 will hopefully involve Devi's developing love triangle, whether the family will move to India or stay in America, and how Kamala (Devi's cousin) feels about her arranged marriage. As Never Have I Ever resumes production, viewers may discover the answers to some of these questions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 1 day ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting
Forum | 1 day ago

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt
Forum | 1 day ago

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 1 day ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia