"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Shazam Star Asher Angel Thinks Cavill’s Superman Could Beat Johnson’s Black Adam

Forum 3 years ago

Shazam Star Asher Angel Thinks Cavill’s Superman Could Beat Johnson’s Black Adam

Shazam star Asher Angel (Billy Batson) has spoken: Henry Cavill's Superman could defeat Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam in the DC Extended Universe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/34639ec152b0c7dc21bcd3237e0a12a7.jpg

Shazam star Asher Angel has spoken: Henry Cavill's Superman could defeat Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam. Angel made his DCEU debut in 2019's Shazam as young Billy Batson, a wayward foster kid searching for his birth mother. Along the way, Billy meets an ancient wizard (Djimon Hounsou) who gifts Billy with the ability to turn into an adult superhero (Zachary Levi) whenever he says the word "Shazam." Unsurprisingly, Billy uses his powers for childish purposes at first, but he matures throughout the film to become a worthy hero. Angel is expected to return for the sequel, Shazam: Fury of the Gods.

Meanwhile, Johnson's Black Adam is still awaiting his big DCEU arrival. Black Adam was originally scheduled for release in December 2021, but the latest schedule change left the long-awaited film without a release date. Nevertheless, Black Adam is slated to begin filming in spring 2021, and fans are eager to learn more about it. Johnson and director Jaume Collet-Serra have so far kept plot details under wraps, but Johnson has already teased a potential Black Adam vs. Superman fight down the road.

The question of Superman or Black Adam has made the rounds across the internet, and now Angel has put in his two cents. In a new interview with the Geek House Show, Angel was asked who he would single out as the victor in a battle between Black Adam and Superman. After struggling to settle on an answer, Angel went with the iconic DC hero Superman. His full answer is as follows:

“That’s tough. I don’t know, I want to go with the good guy. I want to go with Superman, but I just don’t know. Black Adam is very powerful. It’s two very powerful characters, so I think I’m gonna say Superman. I’m gonna say Henry Cavill. No offense, Dwayne Johnson, you do your thing. I guess we’ll see. We’ll see if he proves me wrong, but I’m gonna go with Superman right now.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/93151bddc05a624f350a6889419a3f14.jpg

As Angel points out, both Superman and Black Adam are incredibly powerful characters, so it's hard to pick a definitive winner. Fans would certainly love to see the two go head to head on the big screen, though it remains to be seen if it will ever come to fruition. Johnson seemingly teased a clash between the two at DC FanDome, but with Cavill's DCEU future being such a big question mark, it's hard to say what the future holds. Most likely, Black Adam will meet Angel's own DCEU character first, as he's Shazam's arch-enemy in the comics.

Shazam: Fury of the Gods was recently delayed to June 2023, putting it rather far into the future. It'll be a while before fans get to see Billy's next adventure, and there's a good chance Black Adam will come out before then. If that's the case, Black Adam could even reveal some hints about where the next Shazam will go, particularly if the two characters are going to collide in the future. It's safe to say fans are excited to see where the DCEU will take Johnson, Angel, and yes, even Cavill next.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Bruno Fernandes reveals only game England can beat Portugal
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Bruno Fernandes reveals only game England can beat Portugal

Euro 2024: He’s dynamic – Defoe wants Southgate to give England star more playing time
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: He’s dynamic – Defoe wants Southgate to give England star more playing time

Back to Black Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Release Dates Set for Amy Winehouse Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Back to Black Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Release Dates Set for Amy Winehouse Movie

Clear Cut Trailer: Alec Baldwin & Clive Standen Star in Lionsgate Action Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Clear Cut Trailer: Alec Baldwin & Clive Standen Star in Lionsgate Action Movie