Commotion As Gunmen Abduct APC Chairman In Nasarawa

Forum 3 years ago

Commotion As Gunmen Abduct APC Chairman In Nasarawa

Sources close to the family said the kidnappers came in large number and entered his Lafia residence through the fence.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d6c5cc9c79d76b8bec1fb70a10ad9a7b.jpg

Philip Shekwo, the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, has been kidnapped.

The man was reportedly kidnapped by armed men.

Mr Shekwo was kidnapped in the early hours of Sunday, PREMIUM TIMES can reliably report.

Sources close to the family said the kidnappers came in large number and entered his Lafia residence through the fence.

They were said to have exchanged gunshots with his security detail before leaving the house.

They reportedly took some valuables and cash before leaving with the chairman.

The State Commissioner of Police, Dele Longe, confirmed the incident to journalists in Lafia, the state capital.

He said Mr Shekwo was abducted from his Bukan Sidi residence around 11 p.m. on Saturday.

He also said he has deployed the police to comb the various forests and flashpoints in the state to ensure his release.

Kidnappings of high profiled individuals have become rampant in Lafia, the state capital and hometown of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 6 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 1 day ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion

Commotion As Two Armed Drones From Lebanon Explode In Israel, Injure Three
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Two Armed Drones From Lebanon Explode In Israel, Injure Three