Henderson Wants To Stay At Man United – Ole Solskjaer Reveals

Forum 3 years ago

Henderson Wants To Stay At Man United – Ole Solskjaer Reveals

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said goalkeeper Dean Henderson “wants to stay at Manchester United”, amid reports he could leave on loan in January.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/307e87d4ddef4ad817565b509a26f33f.jpg

Henderson, who made his international debut for England against the Republic of Ireland earlier this month, has found first-team opportunities hard to come by this season, featuring only three times for United since returning from his two-year loan spell with Sheffield United.

Reports emerged over the weekend that Henderson is considering leaving Old Trafford on loan again in January, with his place in England’s Euro squad potentially hanging in the balance, and the in-form David de Gea unlikely to be displaced.

Henderson’s last appearance for United came in the 2-1 defeat to Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League. Solskjaer refused to say whether the England international would be in his team for the reverse fixture at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, but was clearer on the 23-year-old’s future.

“Dean wants to stay at Manchester United and play for Manchester United,” said Solskjaer.

“I can’t see the logic in him playing only one game before Christmas. Do you know how many games we’ve got? So I disagree completely that Tuesday could be make or break for Dean.

“He has come back in, he is training really well, he is maturing. He is training with, for me, one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He has got potential to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

“It’s a great competition between them, so I don’t buy that argument that it is a make or break for him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 18 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 19 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 19 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 23 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara