PSG Planning To Risk Neymar In Next Champions League Clash

Forum 3 years ago

PSG Planning To Risk Neymar In Next Champions League Clash

Paris Saint-Germain are having to take a calculated risk on Neymar when it comes to Champions League competition, with Thomas Tuchel preparing to start the Brazilian against RB Leipzig.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d7c44388a6a5299221469de457249dfb.jpg

Last season’s beaten finalists are aware that they need to take a positive result from their latest European outing in order to keep continental dreams alive for 2020-21.

With plenty resting on a visit from German opposition on Tuesday, Tuchel is prepared to roll the dice and that means including Neymar from the off despite the 28-year-old being well short of match fitness, with just 30 minutes of action taken in by the South American since October 28.

“We need him to play, it is necessary that he be on the field,” Tuchel told reporters when quizzed on his plans.

“He has the quality and the experience. He’s a key player for us.

“He is not in the best physical condition, but he will start tomorrow. He can handle this kind of game physically and mentally.

“I hope we won’t be too focused on him though. I hope that we can help him and that he will not be alone.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 3 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

Traditional Ruler
Forum | 4 days ago

Traditional Ruler's Son, Three Others Dead As Rival Groups Clash In Bauchi