Barcelona President Warn Man City Not To Sign Messi

Forum 3 years ago

Barcelona President Warn Man City Not To Sign Messi

Manchester City have been warned off a move for Lionel Messi by Barcelona presidential hopeful Victor Font, with the La Liga giants still confident that they can convince a talismanic presence to stay put.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/abeeb599d7bfa37d828062f974dc9ae1.jpg

As things stand, an exit door at Camp Nou still remains ajar.

Messi, who pushed for a move over the summer, is yet to commit to fresh terms in Catalunya.

As his current deal is due to expire in 2021, the mercurial Argentine will be free to discuss pre-contract terms with any of his many suitors from January.

Premier League giants City are said to head that queue, with former Barca boss Guardiola seeing a reunion with Messi mooted.

Font, though, believes a six-time Ballon d’Or winner can be kept in his current surroundings, with Ferran Soriano – CEO at the Etihad Stadium – told to turn his attention elsewhere.

“I already told him (Soriano) to forget about Messi, to look for alternatives to win the Champions League, because Messi will continue with us and we will win the Champions League,” Font told L’Esportiu de Catalunya.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 5 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat