Sancho Should Ignore Man United & Focus In Dortmund – Lambert

Forum 3 years ago

Sancho Should Ignore Man United & Focus In Dortmund – Lambert

Intense speculation regarding a big-money move to Manchester United will have unsettled Jadon Sancho, admits Paul Lambert, but the Borussia Dortmund winger has been told that he is already at a “special club”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fc1dde6798b8c139962e3ec39246413b.jpg

A highly-rated England international spent much of the summer being linked with a return to his homeland.

United, who made the 20-year-old a top target, wasted considerable time and energy pursuing a deal that never looked like being put in place.

Sancho suffered a dip in form after seeing his head turned, but has offered indications over recent weeks – for club and country – that he is ready to rediscover his spark.

Having found the target for England in a UEFA Nations League clash with Iceland, a third goal of the season for Dortmund was recorded on Tuesday in a Champions League win over Club Brugge.

Lambert believes Sancho is capable of putting the transfer talk he has been generating behind him, with there no need for the former Manchester City academy graduate to be considering a retracing of his steps.

The former Dortmund midfielder, who tasted European glory during his time in Germany, told the Daily Star:

“I understand people saying that he’s a young kid and that he isn’t performing as well as he has been but now he is starting to really play.

“I think the talk of Manchester United would unsettle him being a British guy, but he has got a special club in Borussia Dortmund.

“Once the fans come back, as he knows himself, there is no better place to play football because the atmosphere is incredible.

“Hopefully he helps the team to success.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 20 hours ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 22 hours ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 22 hours ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City