Pepe Has A BIG FUTURE At Arsenal – Campbell

Forum 3 years ago

Pepe Has A BIG FUTURE At Arsenal – Campbell

Nicolas Pepe has a “big future” at Arsenal, according to Kevin Campbell, who says Mikel Arteta still believes in the £72 million ($96m) winger.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/88b0bd7706df53c233f65b667246c1d0.jpg

Pepe has flattered to deceive since arriving at Emirates Stadium from Lille for a club-record fee in the summer of 2019.

The 25-year-old established himself as one of the most exciting young players in Europe at Stade Pierre-Mauroy but has so far been unable to build on that reputation in the Premier League.

Arteta jumped to the defence of the former Lille star before the trip to Molde, telling reporters:

“I will give Nico my full support all the time. He knows the things he has to improve, but as well we all know his qualities.”

Campbell, who played for the Gunners between 1988 and 1995, acknowledges the fact that Pepe has made mistakes at the start of his career in north London, but still expects him to go on and achieve his full potential under a manager willing to nurture his talents.

Asked if Arsenal made a mistake in bringing Pepe to the club, the former striker told Football Insider:

“I do not think they made an error in his signing, not at all.

“Mikel Arteta wants to work with him. I think he has a big future at the club because he is a very talented player.

“He has done some things that were not quite right, one of them being the sending off at Leeds.

“He is suffering right now because he cannot help the team in the Premier League but he will come back better.

“With a bit of luck, everything will be fine when he does return.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves