Falcon & Winter Soldier Star Hopes for Early 2021 Release

Forum 3 years ago

Falcon & Winter Soldier Star Hopes for Early 2021 Release

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier star Emily VanCamp is hopeful her long-awaited Marvel show could premiere near the start of next year.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3f545cbc196e05297d799faec3fdbc71.jpg

Emily VanCamp will reprise her role as Sharon Carter/Agent 13 in Disney+'s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and she recently weighed in on the show's release date. VanCamp made her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and went on to appear in Captain America: Civil War two years later. Sharon is somewhat controversial in the MCU due to her romantic relationship with Steve Rogers/Captain America. Sharon is the great-niece of Steve's first love, Peggy Carter. He ultimately went back in time to live out his life with Peggy, compounding the awkwardness of his relationship with Sharon. Luckily, Sharon will appear sans Steve in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Merchandise for the show suggests she'll be on the run after helping Steve, Sam, and Bucky in her last MCU appearance.

Originally, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was set to lead off Disney+'s run of Marvel shows. However, the pandemic shut down production for several months. As a result, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier wasn't ready in time for its August premiere date. In fact, Marvel released no major projects in 2020. WandaVision will be the first one in over a year, but not until mid-January.

If VanCamp has her way, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will debut the same month or soon after. Speaking with PJ Stock (via ComicBookMovie), VanCamp said:

I don't think they have a release date, cause we had to come back and finish [filming] after lockdown. They're done filming, so they're probably almost done editing at this point. Hopefully, beginning of the year. And The Resident is starting up in January as well, so there might be a lot of me, come January.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3cce22f8d76b2636d861a3486748e1bd.jpg

VanCamp likely isn't far off with her estimate of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier's release date. Early 2021 seems probable, especially since, as the actor noted, filming on season 1 is done at this point. However, a January date specifically is a bit more unlikely. Disney has purposefully spaced out its original content, with roughly a year passing between The Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2, for example. The MCU shows are similar in that they have a built-in fanbase, suggesting Disney will employ a similar strategy.

By this logic, it wouldn't make sense to release The Falcon and the Winter Soldier in the same month as WandaVision. Both are buzzy projects in their own right, and it makes sense to give them some breathing room. For this reason, a February or March launch for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier seems more likely. However, it's also worth noting Marvel is currently dealing with a backlog of content due to theater shutdowns. There will already be an impressive four MCU movies released in 2021, and it's possible the Disney+ shows will receive a similar treatment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 5 hours ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 8 hours ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed
Forum | 8 hours ago

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel