Jeremy Bulloch, Original Boba Fett Actor, Passes Away At 75

Forum 3 years ago

Jeremy Bulloch, Original Boba Fett Actor, Passes Away At 75

Jeremy Bulloch, who played the iconic Star Wars role of Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, has passed away at age 75.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3567ad40da579ff41eae1916793c3f41.jpg

Jeremy Bulloch, the actor who originally played Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, passed away at 75. For decades, Bulloch has been an immensely respected and adored figure in the international Star Wars community, frequently appearing at conventions and fan events to meet and encourage those who fell in love with his iconic bounty hunter.

When Bulloch took on the minor role of an armored bounty hunter named Boba Fett in 1980, no one could have foreseen what a massive impact he would have. Fett quickly became one of the most popular characters in the entire Star Wars mythos – a status that’s only been strengthened by the character’s return on The Mandalorian. In addition to playing such a famed and beloved character, Bulloch’s career stretched across dozens of other film and TV appearances, from James Bond to Doctor Who. Whatever the genre, whatever the role, Bulloch left an impressive legacy that’s touched millions.

Daniel Logan, who played a young version of Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones, posted a heartfelt tribute to Bulloch to his Instagram in the wake of his passing. “IT BRINGS ME TO TEARS TO ANNOUNCE JEREMY BULLOCH HAS PAST AWAY,” Logan wrote. “RIP LEGEND ILL NEVER FORGET ALL YOU’VE TAUGHT ME.!! I’LL LOVE YOU FOREVER.!! CONVENTIONS WONT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALWAYS.” Logan is just one of numerous friends, fans, admirers, and former colleagues paying homage to Bulloch and his career in the wake of the tragic news.

Bulloch’s passing comes just weeks after the death of David Prowse, the man who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy. Both stars became legends through their incredible physical performances, though their faces were masked while on screen. Like Bulloch, Prowse was a veteran of the fan tour circuit, and both men continued to proudly uphold the legacy of their characters late into their lives.

As family, friends, and fans mourn Bulloch’s passing, his legacy lives on. Boba Fett’s return in The Mandalorian, played by Temuera Morrison, has returned the character to a primary role in modern Star Wars. That return would never have happened without all the love fans have expressed for Fett over the years – love that comes from Bulloch’s iconic performance. Our thoughts are with Bulloch’s family and those who knew him best – the world has lost an icon today.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami
Forum | 18 hours ago

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope
Forum | 1 day ago

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope

Steven Spielberg Working on UFO Movie Based on Original Idea
Forum | 2 days ago

Steven Spielberg Working on UFO Movie Based on Original Idea

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 3 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut