Heading In Football Might NOT Exist In 10-15 Years – Ryan Mason

Forum 3 years ago

Heading In Football Might NOT Exist In 10-15 Years – Ryan Mason

Heading might not exist in football in 10 to 15 years time because of the risks involved, former Tottenham and Hull midfielder Ryan Mason says.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/efb9e7f16ea6440fb4d2421a5bdcd0b0.jpg

Mason, capped once by England, had to retire from football after fracturing his skull playing for Hull in 2017.

A recent study showed that footballers are three and a half times more likely to suffer from dementia.

“It wouldn’t surprise me in 10 to 15 years if heading wasn’t involved in the game,” Mason, 29, told BBC Sport.

“The research and the momentum it’s getting, I think it’s probably going to open up a lot more stuff that becomes quite shocking.

“I’m not sure footballers are fully aware of the potential damage. This is where the more research, the more understanding, the more education current players get, the better.

“It might even get to a point where you might need to sign something to say that I’m OK [playing with the risk].

“It really is concerning. The problem we have is you don’t know the effects until you get later on in life.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Hamilton’s Phillipa Soo Joins Ryan Murphy’s Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Hamilton’s Phillipa Soo Joins Ryan Murphy’s Medical Drama

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha
Forum | 1 week ago

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha's Personal Doctor Breaks Silence On Abacha's Death