ALBUM REVIEW: Payper Corleone - "In Don We Trust"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Payper Corleone - "In Don We Trust"

Nigerian Rapper, Songwriter, and Entrepreneur, Tombra Asikpi better known by his stage name “Payper Corleone” (or simply Payper) drops a new album titled ‘In Don We Trust’.

Payper who started his musical career in Bayelsa state is also a co-founder of Nigeria’s hip hop record label 100 crowns home to Blaqbonez. Payper after releasing a mixtape Bad Ass Rapper from the South ('BARS 1) in 2014 returns with a brand new material.

The 15-track album features Cheque, Iceberg Slim, Sinzu, Vector, Wuka, Tetta, TJK, and Hotcye.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ffab22c493481952ef7c0d4fc58d0c11.png

• In Don We Trust is the intro. Payper goes hard on this hardcore tune after starting off with a spoken word. It's more or less the perfect jam to start off this project's tracklist.

• Penthauze recording artist, Cheque joins Payper Corleone on this new trap tune tagged Drip. I think it's too early to declare this the hottest jam on this project but nevertheless, I think it's a hot tune.

• Iceberg Slim, Sinzu, and Payper Corleone hop on this pacy afro trap rune That's Wassup. The idea was to give us something different, and that's exactly what Payper and his friends did.

• Shake It (For Daddy) is another trap tune. Payper tries to infuse afro dancehall in a shaky shadow tune.

• Finally, a Vector and Payper Corleone collaboration is here. MAFO another afro trap tune.

• The beauty in the melodic tune So Bossy that introduced us to this new tune is something else.

• Welcome To The Family Skit sounded more like a Nollywood scene with scary melodies.

• Payper Corleone and Wuka team up on this new amapiano tune titled Feel Good. Having an Amapiono tune in a trap dominated album like this one makes you appreciate how multi-talented Payper is.

• Little Things by Payper Corleone features female singer and songwriter, Tetta.

• Wuka and Payper create another powerful song titled Difficult.

• The next track Double G featuring TGK is a melodic hardcore trap tune with the Caribbean appeal.

• Payper Corleone is surely one of the few Nigerian rappers whose talents are multifaceted. In Gang Outside, Payper hops on a UK vibe.

• Sinzu and Hotyce link up with Payper Corleone in a 'song to push the culture in the right step' titled Full Effect.

• Payper Corleone comments on the recent happenings as regards police brutality in Nigeria in this conscious tune titled END SARS.

• In Outro (You're Forgiven) Payper takes us way back with this adorable tune.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.3/5

BUY >> Payper Corleone - "In Don We Trust" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Payper Corleone - "In Don We Trust" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago