Daisy Ridley Does Not Plan on Returning to Social Media

Forum 3 years ago

Daisy Ridley Does Not Plan on Returning to Social Media

Star Wars and Chaos Walking star Daisy Ridley has no plans to return to social media anytime soon, though she admits she sometimes thinks about it.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2c7e46e03808f5dd3f73557aa0cb7605.jpg

Daisy Ridley has no plans to return to social media anytime soon, though she admits she sometimes thinks about it. In 2015, Ridley shot to superstardom when she made her Star Wars debut as powerful scavenger Rey. As one of the leads of Disney's sequel trilogy, Ridley became the face of a new Star Wars era. She appeared in all three of Disney's new Skywalker saga films, with Rey at the center of some major mysteries. The final installment, 2019's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, saw Rey discover her true parentage (she's a Palpatine!) while finally stepping into her power.

Since The Rise of Skywalker, Ridley has largely moved away from the galaxy far, far away. Last year, she shared her doubts that she would ever play Rey again, and as of right now, nothing is in the works. Ridley's first major post-Star Wars project, the YA adaptation Chaos Walking, is set for release in March of this year. It's suffered numerous delays over the years, but there's hope it will finally make its debut in a month. Beyond that, Ridley has a handful of other projects in various stages of development.

While speaking to Spanish magazine S Moda about Chaos Walking, Ridley touched upon the tricky topic of social media. In 2016, Ridley stepped away from social media after being harassed for posting anti-gun messages. She's largely kept away from the various platforms ever since, and in this new profile, she reiterated that decision. "I have managed to separate my personal life well from my professional life, partly probably because I’m not on social media," Ridley said. She went on to point out the link between social media and anxiety, which has contributed to her decision. "I don’t want to go back, but sometimes I think about it," Ridley added. "But the truth is that no, I won’t be returning."

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/caee70726a104f62adff8fda8eab2e04.jpg

That Ridley wishes to keep away from social media isn't surprising, and it just might be the smartest move. All too often, celebrities are harassed on these sites for all kinds of things, and it must be incredibly damaging for their mental health. Ridley's Star Wars co-star Kelly Marie Tran notably exited the social media sphere for a bit after suffering racist attacks. It might be disappointing for fans to be unable to follow their favorite celebrities, but sometimes they have to do what is best for their mental states.

Ridley has previously spoke about the backlash The Rise of Skywalker received, which she also tied into the harmfulness of social media. That likely influenced her decision a great deal, and it sounds like it won't be changing any time soon. Hopefully, fans can respect her choice and support her in positive ways going forward.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel
Forum | 1 day ago

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel's Photo Amid Breakup Rumours

Young Woman and the Sea Trailer Previews Daisy Ridley-Led Biopic Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Young Woman and the Sea Trailer Previews Daisy Ridley-Led Biopic Movie

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons
Forum | 5 days ago

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons

Invincible Season 3 to Feature Returning Villains From Season 1
Forum | 1 week ago

Invincible Season 3 to Feature Returning Villains From Season 1