Tom Holland’s Spider-Man Contract Ends With No Way Home

Forum 3 years ago

Tom Holland’s Spider-Man Contract Ends With No Way Home

Tom Holland implies that his contract playing Spider-Man is done after Jon Watts' Spider-Man: No Way Home is released at the end of 2021.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1d56d599d3bcd1a26e966bda33c06bdc.jpg

Tom Holland's contract to play Spider-Man is finished after Spider-Man: No Way Home. Production for the upcoming Marvel Studios/Sony Pictures Entertainment is currently underway and if things stayed the same, this would be the actor's final time putting on the iconic red superhero suit. Directed by Jon Watts, this threequel is his sixth outing as the character.

On the heels of Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment's historic deal in 2015, Holland's first outing came the next year through Captain America: Civil War. Ever since then, he's appeared in an MCU film every year, including two standalone films in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home, as well as, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Throughout it all, Peter Parker has been through a lot, including getting snapped out of existence from Thanos' decimation and coming back from it. Now, he's set to embark on his third standalone adventure, and it might very well be his last.

Holland is currently doing press for his latest collaboration with Joe and Anthony Russo in Cherry, and in a new interview with Collider, he reveals that No Way Home is his final Spider-Man movie under contract. That said, he adds that if either of the studios wants him to return, he would be very happy to put on his superhero suit again.

[Spider-Man 3] would be my last one [under contract] so I’ve always said to them if they want me back I’ll be there in a heartbeat. I’ve loved every minute of being a part of this amazing world. It’s changed my life for the better, I’m so lucky to be here. If they want me back I’ll be there, if they don’t I will walk off into the sunset a very, very happy person because it’s been an amazing journey.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fec3ee6e41f1ddfdb12da0f808fa9107.jpg

It's worth noting that when the deal between Sony and Marvel Studios broke down in 2019, Holland was almost pulled out of the MCU. Fortunately, they were able to smoothen things out not long after, supposedly drafting a new agreement. At that point, the trades reported that the actor is set to appear in two more films as Spider-Man — one additional solo movie, which is No Way Home, and another one outside of his own subfranchise. Given this, it's curious why Holland says that the upcoming threequel technically should be his final outing as the web-slinging hero. Based on what's known about the MCU's future, there are a few possible movies that could use Spider-Man, like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is also in production, and the Fantastic Four reboot helmed by Watts as well.

While Holland's contract ends with Spider-Man: No Way Home, that's not a guarantee that it's the end for his Peter Parker. Considering how successful the partnership between Marvel Studios and Sony has been in tackling the hero, there's a good chance that he'll be called back to reprise the role. This is especially possible since he's poised to become one of the poster characters of MCU following Infinity Saga. It's uncertain if there's another solo adventure for him, but casting him as a high school student gives Marvel Studios a wealth of opportunities to continue telling his story. Otherwise, he can pop in and be involved in their future ensemble projects.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 3 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK