Why Burna Boy Is Nigeria's Biggest Export - Editorial

Forum 3 years ago

Why Burna Boy Is Nigeria's Biggest Export - Editorial

Make no mistake, Burna Boy is Nigeria's biggest export as far the Nigerian music industry is concerned. Damini Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy is one of the few names map African music on the map. He has worked tirelessly for years to attain the fit.

The Port-Harcourt singer and songwriter, Burna Boy is one of the hottest and most successful artists in Nigeria. He became a force in the game in 2012 following the release of singles like Tonight, Always Love You, Like to Party, Run My Race, and Yawa Dey off his debut album L.I.F.E released on August 12, 2014. The album was exclusively produced by Leriq and featured big names like 2Baba, M.I, Olamide, Wizkid, Timaya, and Reminisce. Burna Boy's debut album L..I.F.E peaked at number 7 on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart back in 2013 prior to his major deal with Atlantic Records and the Warner Music Group in 2017.

After signing his record deal with Atlantic, Burna Boy released his third studio album Outside under the new label. The album was produced by Leriq, Jae 5, Chopstix, and others and was declared the best Nigerian album of 2018 by many media firms. The Outside peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart with Ye being one of the biggest songs in the album.

A few things Burna Boy has done that made me believe he should be the face of afrobeat includes but not limited to

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b16fd8fc93000a2374cbf46b674ceded.jpg

1. Working with Beyonce

Burna Boy didn't only work with Beyonce on the Lion King: The Gift album in 2019, he single-handedly performed the single JA ARA E. The singer was the only African singer on the album to write, and perform a song on the album with Beyonce's vocals.

2. 2X Grammy Award Nomination as the main artist for World Album

Burna Boy is the only Nigerian singer in recent times to bag two times Grammy Award Nomination. He got the first with his fourth studio album African Giant and the second with his gift studio album Twice As Tall.

In 2019, Burna Boy linked up with Stormzy and Ed Sheeran in Own It off Stormzy's Heavy Is The Head album. Today there are rumors of Burna Boy having a joint with Justin Beiber on Beiber's forthcoming album Justice. He has also worked with Dave, Sam Smith, and others

What do you think? Please react below.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 2 days ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims