Spider-Man 3: J.K. Simmons Teases Possible Appearance

Forum 3 years ago

Spider-Man 3: J.K. Simmons Teases Possible Appearance

J.K. Simmons is teasing his possible return as J. Jonah Jameson in Spider: Man: No Way Home. The Tom Holland film directed by Jon Watts is still in production, but Marvel Studios has been very secretive about what to expect from the threequel. Aside from the title and stills of Peter Parker, MJ, and Ned, not much else has been revealed about the film.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7bc0d11f86880429213a1b8664c4d936.jpg

One persistent rumor about it, however, is that it's supposedly Marvel Studios' attempt at a live-action Spider-Verse film. This is backed up by rumors that Jamie Foxx is reprising his The Amazing Spider-Man 2 role as Electro in the upcoming blockbuster. There has also been speculation that other versions of the web-slinging hero are appearing with both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield both involved. Long before these reports circulated online, it was Simmons' surprise reveal as Jameson in Spider-Man: Far From Home's mid-credits scene that tipped off the idea that Spider-Man: No Way Home will be dealing with the multiverse.

Speaking with ComicBook for his latest gig, Invincible, Simmons was asked about his potential involvement with any Marvel/Spider-Man project. While the actor didn't reveal anything specific, he floated the idea that the public's assumption that he will reprise his role as Simmons more likely in Spider-Man: No Way Home has merit. “I’m pretty sure people know that I might be showing up in Spider-Man Land again," he said.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/12f90cdb9de6cac34edf6022d16fb9a7.jpg

While Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment have been mum about casting rumors that would essentially confirm that Spider-Man: No Way Home will be a multiverse story, MCU architect Kevin Feige did confirm that the threequel is connected narratively to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. That in itself is a big indication that somehow, the Watts-directed film will explore the idea. What makes this more interesting is that Peter already dealt with the concept when Mysterio used it as a ruse to trick him in Far From Home. Since he's been burned by this before, it's curious how he'll respond to the news that it's actually a real thing.

Even if Spider-Man: No Way Home doesn't really explore the multiverse, the film still calls for Simmons' Jameson to appear having been the one to out the hero's real identity through The Daily Bugle. Broadcasting the heavily-edited video of Quentin Beck which also framed Peter for his supposed death in Far From Home, it's safe to expect that this is a topic that Simmons' media personality will follow. If anything, marketing materials for the upcoming blockbuster is already hinting that he's going to cover the situation very closely.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 4 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 19 hours ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 21 hours ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd