Marvel Studios confirms ‘Fantastic Four’ is coming to the MCU

Forum 2 years ago

Marvel Studios confirms ‘Fantastic Four’ is coming to the MCU

Marvel Studios confirmed Monday that the Fantastic Four characters will make their debut in a feature film at some point in the future.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/38385f90f20a33a18e0245620ade3cba.jpg

Marvel Studios released a new video that celebrated feature films and the upcoming return to the movies, showing off different release dates and titles for its upcoming projects. The video only featured upcoming movie theater releases — not the Disney+ series like “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” or “WandaVision.”

The video revealed cool new titles for sequels, including “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” and “The Marvels,” the title for the “Captain Marvel 2” sequel.

But the video ended on a huge note as the Fantastic Four logo shined on screen, which officially confirms that the Fantastic Four characters will come to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and they will get their own feature film. No release date, titles or cast members were mentioned.

There have been so many rumors since Disney acquired 21st Century Fox — which owned the rights to the Fantastic Four characters — of Marvel adding Fantastic Four characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Most recently, those rumors heated up in “WandaVision” after S.W.O.R.D. Captain Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) mentioned she had an aerospace engineer friend who could help them get inside the “Hex” — the unofficial title for Wanda’s fake reality. Theories suggested that the aerospace engineer was Reed Richards — the leader of the Fantastic Four superhero group. In the comics, Richards is “genius-level intellect and his mastery of science and other fields, including aviation, robotics and quantum physics,” according to ComicBook.com.

Fans thought that John Krasinski would join the MCU to play Richards, too, which has also been a long-running rumor. In fact, Krasinski commented on the rumor in the past, according to Total Film (via Games Radar).

Krasinski said: “I would love to be in the Marvel universe. I love those movies because they’re fun, but I also think they’re really well done. And certainly a lot of my friends are in those movies. I have no idea what (Marvel is) thinking. But if they are considering me for Mr. Fantastic, continue to consider me because I would love it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot
Forum | 3 days ago

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm Coming For You - Odumeje Sends Strong Message To Poco Lee

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie