Margot Robbie “Pestering” WB For Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Team-Up

Forum 2 years ago

Margot Robbie “Pestering” WB For Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Team-Up

In a recent interview with Den of Geek, when asked about the possibility of fans finally seeing Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy together on the big screen, The Suicide Squad star Margot Robbie confirmed that for a long time, she has actually been trying to convince Warner Bros. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dfdf7d327ebbeb9299b4d38975c9b8c0.jpgPictures to introduce Harley’s better half to the DCEU. Just like what most fans want, Robbie also expressed how much she wants to see the relationship between Harley and Poison Ivy get adapted into live-action as she assures fans that she will continue to ask the studio to make this team-up a reality.

“Trust me, I chew their ear off about it all the time,” Robbie said. “They must be sick of hearing it, but I’m like, ‘Poison Ivy, Poison Ivy. Come on, let’s do it.’ I’m very keen to see a Harley-Poison Ivy relationship on screen. It’d be so fun. So I’ll keep pestering them. Don’t worry.”

Robbie’s statement also seemingly confirms that the Oscar-nominated actress is very much willing to reprise her iconic DC role in future projects after James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad. The relationship between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy has become popular with fans, especially with the success of Kaley Cuoco’s animated Harley Quinn series, where it became one of the series’ main storylines. Poison Ivy’s DCEU debut has been one of the most highly-anticipated, with previous rumors circulating that she would be appearing in Gunn’s upcoming superhero film. However, Gunn quickly shut down the rumor, confirming that the fan-favorite villain won’t be included in the film.

The ensemble roster for James Gunn’s standalone sequel includes return of DCEU alums Margot Robbie (Birds of Prey), Jai Courtney (Honest Thief), Joel Kinnaman (Suicide Squad), and Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom), who are reprising their roles as Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Rick Flag and Amanda Waller, respectively. The film is set to introduce new characters including Idris Elba (Avengers: Infinity War), John Cena (Peacemaker), Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who), David Dastmalchian (Dune), Daniela Melchior (Parque Mayer), Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy), Alice Braga (Elysium), Pete Davidson (The King of Staten Island), Joaquín Cosio (Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse), Juan Diego Botto (The Europeans), Storm Reid (Euphoria), Nathan Fillion (The Rookie), Steve Agee (Brightburn), Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy), Mayling Ng (Wonder Woman), Flula Borg (Ralph Breaks the Internet), Jennifer Holland (Peacemaker) and Tinashe Kajese (Valor) Sylvester Stallone (Rambo)

The film is directed by Gunn from his own screenplay, based on characters from DC. Charles Roven and Peter Safran are producing while Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Walter Hamada, Chantal Nong Vo, Nikolas Korda and Richard Suckle are executive producing.

The Suicide Squad will debut in theaters and HBO Max on August 6.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nkechi Blessing, Nina Ivy Lambast Troll Who Prayed That One Of Jnr Pope’s Children Should Die
Forum | 1 day ago

Nkechi Blessing, Nina Ivy Lambast Troll Who Prayed That One Of Jnr Pope’s Children Should Die

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 2 days ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal