Wish Dragon Trailer Previews Netflix & Sony’s Newest Animated Pic

Forum 2 years ago

Netflix has released the official Wish Dragon trailer for Sony Pictures Animation’s newest animated film, featuring John Cho as the voice of a wish-granting dragon named Long.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dc3c6330f6ca6882c3099273d484fa5c.jpg The video features a young man who suddenly ends up with a magical teapot that will help him reconnect with his now-famous childhood best friend. The film was already theatrically release in China earlier this year and is now scheduled for global release on Friday, June 11, exclusively on Netflix. Check out the video in the player below along with the poster!

In Sony Pictures Animation’s Wish Dragon, Din, a working-class college student with big dreams but small means, and Long, a cynical but all-powerful dragon capable of granting wishes, set off on a hilarious adventure through modern day Shanghai in pursuit of Din’s long-lost childhood friend, Lina. Their journey forces them to answer some of life’s biggest questions – because when you can wish for anything, you have to decide what really matters.

The film will feature an Asian-American cast led by Jimmy Wong as Din and John Cho as Long, a character that was also voiced by Jackie Chan in Mandarin. Joining them are Constance Wu, Will Yun Lee, Jimmy O. Yang, Aaron Yoo, Ronny Chieng, and Australian actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo.

Wish Dragon is written and directed by Chris Appelhans in his feature directorial debut. Appelhans has previously worked in other popular animated film like Coraline as an illustrator, Fantastic Mr. Fox as an environment designer, and The Princess and the Frog as a visual development artist. The film is produced by Aron Warner, Chris Bremble and Jackie Chan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 1 day ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Knuckles Video Previews Star-Studded Cast of Paramount+ Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Knuckles Video Previews Star-Studded Cast of Paramount+ Series

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 1 day ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne