Jason Momoa Confirms Filming Start Date For Aquaman 2

Forum 2 years ago

Jason Momoa Confirms Filming Start Date For Aquaman 2

During a recent appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show, Jason Momoa shared new details about Warner Bros. Pictures’ upcoming Aquaman sequel. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/706ed402f39acddeff89f3d0ee447aee.jpgThe actor confirmed that production is currently scheduled to start this summer in July. He also went on to reveal how he got the chance to have an important contribution in the creative process of the sequel by co-writing its story treatment with the encouragement of director James Wan.

“After we ended the first one, I went in with my writing partner, and we dreamed up the second one, and we went in and pitched the idea. The best thing I can give you is that I love it so much that I participated in the writing of it,” Momoa teased. “We did the first treatment, and then James and our original writer David finished it off. And all of our hearts are in it. Instead of just like getting a script and doing that, you are 100% being encouraged by your director and co-writers. So that’s exciting for me, and I’m excited to go over there. I leave in July, and we start filming.

Aquaman 2 will again be directed by Conjuring Universe creator James Wan with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick writing the script. The sequel is produced by Wan and frequent collaborator Peter Safran. Wan previously teased that the sequel will feature a more serious and relevant story as well as some horror elements.

The sequel sees the return of Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Patrick Wilson as Orm, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, and Amber Heard as Mera. It was previously reported that Game of Thrones alum Pilou Asbaek was in talks to join the upcoming project. The film is still scheduled to hit theaters on December 16, 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 23 hours ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 23 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie