Mission: Impossible 7 production has hit a snag after a positive COVID-19 test.
As initially reported by The Hollywood Reporter, at least one member of the production tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, Mission: Impossible 7 production has been halted until June 14.
“We have temporarily halted production on Mission: Impossible 7 until June 14th, due to positive coronavirus test results during routine testing. We are following all safety protocols and will continue to monitor the situation,” read a statement from the production confirming the set.
This is another COVID-related setback for the film, which certainly won’t make star Tom Cruise happy. Cruis previously went on a tirade over people violating COVID-19 protocol on set.
“It can get fraught. Fraught and personal,” Cruise recently told Empire Magazine about the rant. “I said what I said. There was a surge happening in England also at that point. And there was a lot at stake at that point. But it wasn’t my entire crew. I had the crew leave the set, and it was just select people. And the wonderful thing is that we never shut down again. And here we are, continuing to film.”
Joining Cruise and Hayley Atwell are returning Mission: Impossible alums Rebecca Ferguson (Doctor Sleep), Simon Pegg (Ready Player One), Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Vanessa Kirby (Hobbs & Shaw) and Henry Czerny (Ready or Not) along with newcomers Shea Whigham (Joker), Pom Klementieff (Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Avengers: Infinity War) and Esai Morales (La Bamba, Titans) who will replace Nicholas Hoult (Mad Max: Fury Road) for the villain role.
Mission: Impossible 7 is set to premiere on May 27, 2022.