Tom Felton Wants to Reprise Role as Draco Malfoy

Forum 2 years ago

Tom Felton Wants to Reprise Role as Draco Malfoy

Tom Felton came to fame as a child when he portrayed Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter series of films. In a recent interview, Felton said he wouldn’t be opposed to reprising his role if the opportunity arose.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7391398b8237099a4bea38eaa1d7b485.jpg

Speaking to People during the promotion of the recently opened Harry Potter New York flagship store, Felton said that not only would he be interested in getting to portray Draco again, but he would be fine with playing any member of the Malfoy family.

“If you’re asking me will I dye my hair blonde again to be Draco, abso-bloody-lutely. Either [him or Lucius]. I’ll play Draco’s kid if you really want!” Felton said. “Any chance to be a Malfoy again would be greatly accepted.”

Felton went on to say that he feels “a bit of ownership” over the character of Draco, having played him for the entirety of the eight-film run. “I do feel if someone else played [Draco], I’d be slightly possessive, going, ‘Hang on,’ ” Felton says.

Felton’s Malfoy acted as one of the main foils to Daniel Radcliffe’s Harry Potter, although by the end of the films, Malfoy had grown into much more than just a simple school bully. Reminiscing on the run of films that’s nearing its 20th anniversary this year, Felton said he recently spoke to Rupert Grint, Radcliffe, and Emma Watson about just how long it’s been.

“I was speaking to Rupert [Grint], Daniel and Emma [Watson] separately the other day and [said], ‘Twenty years, can you imagine that?’ ” Felton said. “First of all, they all look the bloody same, literally. Rupert looks exactly the same. Also, we’re all sort of a bit flabbergasted that it’s [even] more popular [now]. We’re all a bit surprised by that. We’re certainly excited, and made to feel old when we realize that it was 20 years ago that we made the first film.”

The Harry Potter seven-book series was adapted into eight films that earned over $7 billion at the worldwide box office. Warner Bros. also has the Fantastic Beasts prequel series of films under its belt, with the third installment, currently set to release on July 15, 2022, following up 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and 2018’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 3 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 3 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie