Jamie Foxx-Led Sitcom Dad Stop Embarrassing Me Canceled at Netflix

Forum 2 years ago

Jamie Foxx-Led Sitcom Dad Stop Embarrassing Me Canceled at Netflix

According to Deadline, Netflix has officially decided not to renew creator and star Jamie Foxx’s newest sitcom Dad Stop Embarrassing Me for a second season. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f41c20e6c287164c19e34bff5ee5eb99.jpgThe cancellation comes after more than two months since the series debuted its 8-episode first season last April. The series was actually the Oscar-winning actor’s sitcom comeback in 20 years after starring in ’90s sitcoms such as In Living Color and The Jamie Foxx Show.

Despite this, Foxx’s partnership with Netflix will still continue on as he set to lead two film projects for the streaming service including an upcoming sci-fi comedy film They Cloned Tyrone, starring alongside John Boyega and Teyonah Parris; and the vampire hunter movie titled Dayshift.

Dad Stop Embarrassing Me was inspired by Foxx’s relationship with daughter Corinne Foxx, who was also serving as an executive producer. The series also starred Kyla-Drew, David Alan Grier, Porscha Coleman, Jonathan Kite, Heather Hemmens, and Valente Rodriguez.

It followed Foxx’s Brian Dixon, a successful business owner and bachelor, who just became a full-time father to his teenage daughter Sasha. Determined to be the best father he can be, Brian’s going to need all the help he can get from his dad and sister— and Sasha’s going to need all the help she can get learning how to deal with her new, lovingly chaotic.

Dad Stop Embarrassing Me was executive produced by Foxx and daughter Corinne Foxx. Season 1 was directed by showrunner Bentley Kyle Evans and Ken Whittingham.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series