Danny McBride, Gemma Chan, & More in Talks for Sci-Fi Pic True Love

Forum 2 years ago

Danny McBride, Gemma Chan, & More in Talks for Sci-Fi Pic True Love

It has been over a month since it was confirmed that Rogue One director Gareth Edwards is officially making his directorial comeback with a brand new sci-fi feature titled True Love. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7b00885a6b9a2b302ba2d451d68fe189.jpgNow, Deadline brings word that casting for the project is moving forward, with the potential addition of three actors including Danny McBride (The Mitchells vs. The Machines), Gemma Chan (Crazy Rich Asians), and Benedict Wong (Doctor Strange) who are all currently in negotiations to join the upcoming movie.

McBride will next be seen in the second season of HBO’s The Righteous Gemstones and is working on as the writer and executive producer for Blumhouse’s Halloween Kills. Meanwhile, Chan is starring in Marvel Studios’ highly-anticipated MCU film Eternals which is set to debut later this year. As for Wong, he is also set to reprise his MCU role in Sam Raimi’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

True Love will be led by Golden Globe nominee John David Washington (BlacKkKlansman, Tenet). Further details about Washington’s character as well as the plot are still being kept under wraps but is being described as a near-future sci-fi story. The project will be written and directed by Gareth Edwards, who is also producing with Kiri Hart. New Regency is set to produce and finance the project.

This marks Washington and New Regency’s latest collaboration, who are also working together on David O. Russell’s star-studded period drama led by Christian Bale and Margot Robbie.

Edwards first gained critical acclaim for his feature-length directorial debut Monsters in 2010. After that, he landed his first high-profile project for Legendary as the director for 2014’s Godzilla, the first film in the studio’s MonsterVerse franchise. Due to the box-office success of Godzilla, he was then tapped by Lucasfilm to helm the first installment to the Star Wars anthology films titled Rogue One which starred Felicity Jones and Diego Luna.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Channels TV Reporter Kidnapped in Port Harcourt
Forum | 1 week ago

Channels TV Reporter Kidnapped in Port Harcourt