Lionsgate’s Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Film Wraps Production

Forum 2 years ago

Lionsgate’s Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Film Wraps Production

According to Deadline, production on Lionsgate’s upcoming film adaptation of Judy Blume’s classic coming-of-age novel Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret has officially been completed after three months of shooting in North Carolina.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/35a52b56aae0c5bc1981878008107fda.jpg The project was first announced three years ago, when for the first time ever, Blume entrusted the film rights to the beloved timeless novel to director Kelly Fremon Craig and producer James L. Brooks after years of strongly opposing to having any of her works get adapted for the screen. Soon, it was then followed by a bidding war where Lionsgate successfully won the rights to the movie against multiple studios and streamers.

“It was a real privilege collaborating with this spectacular cast & crew to bring Judy Blume’s beloved book to life,” writer-director Kelly Fremon Craig said in a statement. “I can’t wait to share with the world what we created together.”

Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret centers around Margaret Simon, a sixth-grader who is questioning everything about adolescence and puberty, is searching the universe for whatever answers she can find. With her mother and grandmother trying to guide her through a time when everything is changing, they too find that you never stop questioning your path and defining what is meaningful in your life.

The film adaptation will be led by Ant-Man star Abby Ryder Fortson, Rachael McAdams, Kathy Bates, and Benny Safdie. It will also star Elle Graham, Amari Price, Katherine Kupferer, Isol Young, Zackary Brooks, Simms May, JeCobi Swain, Echo Kellum, Landon Baxter, Kate MacCluggage and Aidan Wojtak-Hissong.

Judy Blume’s best-selling and beloved classic novel has transcended decades and been embraced by generations as they approach adolescence. It has been particularly influential for so many women because it talks about the issues and difficulties of growing up as a pre-adolescent girl.

Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret movie is written and directed by The Edge of Seventeen‘s Kelly Fremon Craig, who is re-teaming with legendary Academy Award-winning producer James L. Brooks and his Gracie Films banner. Julie Ansell, Richard Sakai, Amy Brooks, Fremon Craig, and Blume will join Brooks as producers.

Since its publication in 1970, Blume’s frank, loving narrative has struck a chord with generations of readers, and the book was on Time magazine’s list of the top 100 works of fiction since 1923. (As a special badge of honor, the book and its legion of fans have also beaten back several attempts to ban it from libraries over the years.)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

Minecraft: Jason Momoa Announces Wrapped Production on Live-Action Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Minecraft: Jason Momoa Announces Wrapped Production on Live-Action Movie

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie

New The Blair Witch Movie Announced, Blumhouse to Revive Lionsgate Horror Classics
Forum | 1 week ago

New The Blair Witch Movie Announced, Blumhouse to Revive Lionsgate Horror Classics