Director Details Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Taking Place in New York & Peru

Forum 2 years ago

Director Details Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Taking Place in New York & Peru

During the recent Transformers press conference, director Steven Caple Jr. lit up talking about New York City, which serves as the main Transformers: Rise of the Beasts setting.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f861751efd5facf04601c046aa41e584.jpg

“The Mecca. New York, one of my favorite cities,” said Caple Jr. “It’s set in New York. It has that certain energy that I want to capture in New York City, the people, and there’s a level of grit to it. Honestly, I don’t think we’ve ever seen the Autobots around through New York. I’m just excited to bring Prime and these other characters and driving through the city and do the classic adventure film but just set here. [The main neighborhood is] Brooklyn. BK. We travel through New York, obviously, for Autobots, they’re driving, so we moved through a bit, but Brooklyn is where our main characters are set.”

However, the film won’t only take place in New York City as Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will also take the robots in disguise to Peru.

“When you’re on the seventh installment where can you go new? For us it was Peru,” explained Caple Jr. “When I talked to Lorenzo [di Bonaventura], he had mentioned this. I was like, “Wow, that’s like a freaking great idea,” and when I went there to location scout, it was just amazing. We went to Cusco to the jungles in Tarapoto. We met with the people, got a chance to vibe, feel, the energy in this place. Sorry, it was Machu Picchu, which is very majestic. There’s the Inca ruins, [which are] spiritual. I definitely felt something up there. Very few films have actually shot not only in Peru but also in Machu Picchu where they’re opening the doors for us. I’m super honored and grateful to basically be collaborating with Peru and highlight Peru’s culture if you will, and their ancient civilization. They have beautiful landscapes, beautiful sights, but most importantly, beautiful people. I can’t wait to put them on screen.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 2 hours ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song
Forum | 5 hours ago

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song

Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy
Forum | 10 hours ago

Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy