Taika Waititi: There’ll Be More Emotion in Thor: Love and Thunder

Forum 2 years ago

Taika Waititi: There’ll Be More Emotion in Thor: Love and Thunder

Thor: Love and Thunder is set to release later next year, and ahead of the release of the film, Taika Waititi is speaking about the film and how it will differ from past Thor entries.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/35ef04c7dd2958463fccd5cdf7b00809.jpgSpeaking to Empire on the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film, Waititi noted that Love and Thunder will be different from any other entry, and feature much more emotion.

“It’s very different from Ragnarok,” said Waititi. “It’s crazier. I’ll tell you what’s different. There’ll be far more emotion in this film. And a lot more love. And a lot more thunder. And a lot more Thor, if you’ve seen the photos.”

Waititi also said that the film was the “craziest” film he’s ever done, something he also noted after the filming had wrapped on the film.

“If you wrote down all the elements of this film, it shouldn’t make sense,” Waititi admits. “It’s almost like it shouldn’t be made. If you walked into a room and said, ‘I want this and this and this.’ Who’s in it? These people. What are you going to call it? Love and Thunder. I mean, you’d never work again. Maybe I won’t after this.”

The latest entry in the Thor film franchise is being directed by New Zealand’s Waititi (Jojo Rabbit), who wrote the script with Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Someone Great). Familiar faces are returning with Hemsworth as Thor, Oscar-winner Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Christian Bale (American Psycho) will play the main villain, Gorr the God Butcher.

Thor: Love and Thunder is set to arrive in theaters on May 6, 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Inside Out 2 Cut a Shame Emotion Character: ‘It Was Not Fun to Watch’
Forum | 2 days ago

Inside Out 2 Cut a Shame Emotion Character: ‘It Was Not Fun to Watch’

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 1 week ago

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’