Margot Robbie Reacts to Harley Quinn’s Fate in Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Forum 2 years ago

Margot Robbie Reacts to Harley Quinn’s Fate in Zack Snyder’s Justice League

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad, releasing on August 6, Margot Robbie was surprised to learn about Harley Quinn’s fate in Zack Snyder’s Justice League in which the character is revealed to have died offscreen in Batman’s arms during the Knightmare Timeline sequence capping off the director’s cut.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ffcdd877216907fdcd91164cf193fe9c.jpg

When told about Quinn’s demise, Robbie responded: “Whaaat? I didn’t know that. [Laughs] Thank you for telling me!” before sharing her thoughts on the choice to kill off the character in the film’s apocalyptic future timeline.

“I guess it’s kind of like the comics,” Robbie said. “The film version of the DC universe, I actually think they’re a lot like the comics. You pick up one comic and something’s happening and then you pick up the next comic and maybe that character’s not alive, maybe that character’s not with that person, maybe that character looks completely different. Each movie is its own sort of thing, and I think that works in the comic book world, and I think that works in the DC film world as well. It’s not like Marvel where everything is more obviously linked in a more linear way. It feels like there’s so many adjacent stories, worlds, and films happening at the same time, just like there are in the comics.

“So, yeah, I didn’t know that, but it doesn’t necessarily change what other people are able to do with this universe, I don’t think. What one director decides I don’t think dictates what another director might be able to pick up and do with the world and the characters, which is fun. I think that’s an appealing aspect for directors in the DC world, they can make it their own, the way James did. He didn’t have to be beholden to the version that David Ayer (director of Suicide Squad) set up. He could pick it up and make it his own, which I’m sure was more appealing for him.”

Robbie also revealed to the outlet that following The Suicide Squad, she will be taking a break from the role and is unsure when or if she will play Harley Quinn again:

“It was kind of back-to-back filming Birds… and filming this, so I was kind of like, oof, I need a break from Harley because she’s exhausting. I don’t know when we’re next going to see her. I’m just as intrigued as everyone else is.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 1 day ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More
Forum | 1 day ago

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman