Two killed, five reportedly drown as vehicle plunges into the river in Bauchi

Forum 2 years ago

Two killed, five reportedly drown as vehicle plunges into the river in Bauchi

At least two persons died after a vehicle plunged into a river in Tilde community of Toro Local Government Area along Jos-Bauchi expressway over the weekend.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cdc1c273b8464d14ee1edf27c5cbd095.jpeg

The accident involved a green Opel Vectra with registration number JNN 348 NC that plunged into the river. Seven passengers were onboard the vehicle. Five of the passengers reportedly drowned in the river and efforts are being made to recover their bodies. It took the intervention of villagers in the community to evacuate the wreckage from the river.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said the police is currently working to identify the victims. He however gave the dentified one of the victims as Ibrahim Rabi’u, 41, from Miya-Barkate of Toro LGA, adding that the identities of the other corpses were yet to be ascertained.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 1 day ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 3 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 3 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 3 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses