Kevin Feige Confirms What If…? Season 2 Will Cover Phase 4 Films

Forum 2 years ago

Kevin Feige Confirms What If…? Season 2 Will Cover Phase 4 Films

Ahead of the upcoming premiere of What If…? episode 3 this Wednesday, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has opened up about the future of the Disney+ animated series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c4a8d1129b08ef33550ee66d60a95f74.jpg

Speaking with Screen Rant, when asked about the series’ role in the studio’s impending exploration of the Multiverse, Feige confirmed that What If…? Season 2 will cover stories and characters that were introduced in Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Phase 4.

“That’s the fun thing about having the What If…? series now; we can explore questions just like that,” Feige teased. “And I will say, just as Season 1 is tapping into films and storylines from the MCU that you’ve seen up to this point, season 2 will definitely incorporate movies from Phase 4.”

What If…? hails from head writer AC Bradley and director Bryan Andrew. The first season is expected to only cover the events from the movies of the Infinity Saga. The animated series will feature the introduction of The Watcher, who serves as the narrator throughout the first season. The character is being voiced by Jeffrey Wright.

“Marvel Studios’ first-ever animated series flips the script on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, reimagining famous events from the films in unexpected ways,” reads the official synopsis, “It focuses on different heroes from the MCU, featuring a voice cast that includes a host of stars who reprise their roles. Every story in the show will be non-canonical, as the stories will feature some wildly different outcomes from their actual events in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

What If…? will also feature the voices of MCU vets who reprise their roles including Hayley Atwell, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Hemsworth, Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael B. Jordan, Sebastian Stan, Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Natalie Portman, Paul Rudd, Tilda Swinton, Taika Waititi, Danai Gurira, Paul Bettany, Rachel McAdams and more.

The first two episodes titled “What If… Captain Carter Was the First Avenger?” and “What If… T’Challa Became a Star-Lord?” are now available for streaming.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 2 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 7 hours ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 10 hours ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series