Patty Jenkins Calls Putting Wonder Woman 1984 on Streaming Services ‘Heartbreaking Experience’

Forum 2 years ago

Patty Jenkins Calls Putting Wonder Woman 1984 on Streaming Services ‘Heartbreaking Experience’

Wonder Woman 1984 launched day-and-date in theaters and on HBO Max, making it one of the first films to adopt the format during the COVID-19 pandemic.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f2c8a2da4f44e041c6e580824a3740cf.jpg According to director Patty Jenkins, that decision might have hurt the film.

Speaking during an appearance on a panel at last week’s CinemaCon (via Deadline), Jenkins touched on the day-and-date model that the film followed, and called the decision to release it that way “a heartbreaking experience,” but “the best choice in a bunch of bad choices at the moment.” Jenkins also didn’t mince words on exactly how it affected the box office results for the film.

“It was detrimental to the movie,” said Jenkins. “I knew that could have happened…I don’t think it plays the same on streaming, ever,” she said about the sequel, before exclaiming, “I’m not a fan of day-and-date and I hope to avoid it forever.” Jenkins also said during her panel appearance that she loves making movies for the “big-screen experience,” and that she doesn’t ever see herself making a film for a streaming company like Netflix.

The latest entry in the Wonder Woman franchise introduced two all-new foes: Max Lord and The Cheetah. With director Patty Jenkins back at the helm and Gal Gadot returning in the title role, Wonder Woman 1984 was Warner Bros. Pictures’ follow up to the DC Super Hero’s first outing, 2017’s record-breaking Wonder Woman.

The film also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as The Cheetah, Pedro Pascal as Max Lord, Robin Wright as Antiope, and Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta. Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Zack Snyder, Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, and Stephen Jones were attached as producers. Rebecca Steel Roven Oakley, Richard Suckle, Marianne Jenkins, Geoff Johns, Walter Hamada, Chantal Nong Vo, and Wesley Coller are the executive producers. Patty Jenkins directed from a screenplay she wrote with Geoff Johns & David Callaham, story by Jenkins & Johns, based on characters from DC.

Wonder Woman 1984 is currently available to own on Digital and on Blu-ray.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 1 hour ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead
Forum | 1 hour ago

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead

Woman Conflicted About Telling One Of Her Friends That Her Other Friend Is Dating Her Husband
Forum | 2 hours ago

Woman Conflicted About Telling One Of Her Friends That Her Other Friend Is Dating Her Husband

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle
Forum | 2 hours ago

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle's Corpse Into Bank And Tries To Get Him To "Sign Off" Loan In Her Name