The Flash Cinematographer Henry Braham Talks Film’s ‘Massive’ Scope

Forum 2 years ago

The Flash Cinematographer Henry Braham Talks Film’s ‘Massive’ Scope

DC Films’ upcoming The Flash film has been in production for some time, with fans anxiously awaiting any news on the upcoming project. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7da0ebbc67bfacccb1e0259149665cf9.jpgAccording to a recent interview with the film’s cinematographer, things are going great on the movie, and it’s going to be a big one.

Speaking to Collider, cinematographer Henry Braham called The Flash a “complex” film, and one that he hopes comes across as not just a simple superhero movie.

“[The Flash is] going great. I mean, it’s a complex movie, and it’s a fantastic concept of bringing in the generations of these kind of comic books,” Braham said. “Again, it’s not really a comic book movie. It’s not based in reality, but it’s a much more kind of technically complex — I think all the filmmakers are really keen that the technical complexity of the storytelling doesn’t get in the way of just good quality filmmaking. Hopefully, I don’t think it’ll ever come across as a superhero movie. It will come across as a movie, and that’s what it is. I think that’s the way these things need to go. We need to be making great, great, great films that happen to have superheroes who have truthful characters behind them, with all the character flaws that we find in humanity.”

Braham also touched on the scope of the film, noting that it was great to work on a film with such an enormous vision while also being able to work with some great acting legends like Michael Keaton. “It’s a pleasure working with the cast, as they’re fantastic,” said Braham. “Michael, of course, is a genius, and it’s wonderful to see him recreate that role but in the present day. It’s wonderful. I think the movie has a massive scope, and I’m lucky to be able to work on movies I’d like to go and see. I’m not really interested in comic book movies. I’m interested in movies that take me on a journey, an emotional journey and a visual journey.”

The Flash movie sees Ezra Miller reprising his role as the DCEU’s Scarlet Speedster/ Barry Allen, who he first portrayed in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, and Zack Snyder’s Justice League. He also made a surprise appearance in 2019 during The CW’s Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event.

Joining Miller are Kiersey Clemons as Iris West, Maribel Verdú as Nora Allen, and on-the-rise star Sasha Calle (The Young and the Restless) signing on to star as Supergirl, becoming only the second actress to ever portray the character on the big screen. Golden Globe nominee Ron Livingston has also been cast to replace Billy Crudup as Henry Allen. It has been confirmed that Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck will be reprising their respective versions of Bruce Wayne/Batman for the film.

Warner Bros. first revealed that their Flash film would be inspired by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert’s Flashpoint comic as early as 2017, even going so far as to change the project’s title to Flashpoint, but after last year’s announcement of its 2022 release date, it was subsequently changed over to its current title.

The Flash movie is directed by IT‘s Andy Muschietti from the latest screenplay written by Christina Hodson. It is executive produced by Marianne Jenkins with Michael Disco and Barbara Muschietti set as producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 22 hours ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake
Forum | 3 days ago

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie