Actor Jean-Paul Belmondo dies aged 88

Forum 2 years ago

Actor Jean-Paul Belmondo dies aged 88

Actor Jean-Paul Charles Belmondo, who was made a major figure in Jean-Luc Godard's 1960 movie 'À bout de souffle', has died aged 88.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b2280cf07d164ff9d480b2def4b99a23.jpg

With the film 'L'Homme de Rio' (1965) he moved towards more commercial cinema, mainly comedies and action films and in the 1990s he tried to focus on production and theatre, with slight cameos as an actor on the big screen.

Belmondo retired as an actor in 2001, the year when he suffered a stroke, and in 2016, he was awarded with an honorary 'Golden Lion' prize at the Venice Film Festival.

Founder of PSG

Belmondo was also one of the founding members of Paris Saint-Germain back in 1970 and revealed that he had always been a club supporter.

"We were a group of friends," Belmondo wrote in column for Le Parisien a few years ago.

"Francis Borelli, Daniel Hechter and Jacky Bloch asked me to collaborate with them to set up Paris Saint-Germain.

"Together we put the money to found the club. I couldn't stay at the forefront for long because it wasn't compatible with my schedule. But I'm still a supporter of the club."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station
Forum | 3 days ago

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 3 days ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad

Prophet Sends Disturbing Message to Paul Okoye About His Girlfriend, Ivy Ifeoma
Forum | 3 days ago

Prophet Sends Disturbing Message to Paul Okoye About His Girlfriend, Ivy Ifeoma