Nicolas Cage Says He Has No Plans to Retire From Acting

Forum 2 years ago

Nicolas Cage Says He Has No Plans to Retire From Acting

Nicolas Cage is one of the most legendary actors in Hollywood, having starred in a ton of films and making a name for himself as someone who isn’t afraid of portraying any type of character. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/694a8509ed5f930c3a65a90fcb32eee7.jpgWhile some may think he’s nearing his retirement, Cage says he has no desire to stop acting.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview, Cage was asked about the prospects of him retiring from the world of acting. Thankfully for fans of the actor, Cage said he has no plans on giving up on what he loves doing.

“No, no, no. No, no. That can’t happen,” Cage said. “To do what I do in cinema has been like a guardian angel for me, and I need it. I’m healthier when I’m working, I need a positive place to express my life experience, and filmmaking has given me that. So I’m never going to retire. Where are we now, 117 movies? [Laughs] What’s funny is, my argument with people who go, ‘You work too much,’ was ‘I like working, and it’s healthy, I’m happy when I’m working, and by the way, guys like Cagney and Bogart, they were doing hundreds of movies.’ And then I went, ‘I’d better check that,’ and I went, ‘Oops.’ [Laughs] Jerry Lewis was one of my friends, and he and I would go and have dinner together, and he would say, ‘How many movies you got?’ I go, ‘I got about 100, how many you got?’ ‘I got 40. So you got twice as much as me?’ ‘Well, I didn’t know that, Jerry.'”

As his resume continues to build, Cage seems more than content performing in front of the camera, despite what other people may say or wonder about him. His latest film, Prisoners of the Ghostland, is out now and sees Cage travel to Japan in the action flick.

“In the treacherous frontier city of Samurai Town, a ruthless bank robber (Nicolas Cage) is sprung from jail by wealthy warlord The Governor (Bill Moseley), whose adopted granddaughter Bernice (Sofia Boutella) has gone missing,” reads the synopsis of the film. “The Governor offers the prisoner his freedom in exchange for retrieving the runaway. Strapped into a leather suit that will self-destruct within five days, the bandit sets off on a journey to find the young woman—and his own path to redemption.”

Prisoners of the Ghostland is directed by Japanese filmmaker and author Sion Sono, with a script from Aaron Henry (Inhumans) and Reza Sixo Safai (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night). This marks Cage’s next project after the recent release of Pig, which garnered critical praise for not only the film but Cage’s performance as a chef turned truffle hunter who sets out to recover his stolen truffle pig.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 3 hours ago

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide