Buddy Games Sequel in Development, Josh Duhamel to Direct Comedy

Forum 2 years ago

Buddy Games Sequel in Development, Josh Duhamel to Direct Comedy

A sequel to 2020’s Buddy Games is in development, and Josh Duhamel will once again star in and direct the film.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/258aa92b300492e15aff2c2de390faae.jpg The critically panned comedy was Duhamel’s directorial debut and the Transformers actor starred in the lead role as a man that runs a crazy obstacle course with his friends each year. The cast was rounded out by Olivia Munn, James Roday Rodriguez, Kevin Dillon, Dax Shepard, and Nick Swardson.

“We knew going in that we were going to get trashed by the critics,” Duhamel told ComingSoon. “But we got the ultimate fuck you to them because the movie killed and we’re making another one. So I’m sure they’re going to be equally as harsh the second time around, but I kind of welcome it in a way because people do love this stuff. They love irreverent, hardcore, unapologetic comedy. That’s really what we try to deal with. Just try to do something that there are no holds barred.”

Duhamel also revealed that he’ll be helming the sequel and that he just read the first draft of the script for Buddy Games 2.

“I think it’s funnier than the first one,” said Duhamel. “Of course, I’m gonna say that, but I really do. I cannot wait to get into it.”

The actor also discussed the appearance of former WWE Champion Sheamus in the film, which was due to the original being made with WWE Studios.

“Sheamus came on as part of the deal was we had to have one character from the WWE world, from the wrestling world to be in the movie. These guys were big brutish dudes and they didn’t really fit into the original group. So we found a character that we thought one of them could play, and it was this pawn shop owner. I got to say, Sheamus came in and absolutely crushed it. He was great. I think that they loved the fact that they get to play the real characters and I thought he came in and did a fantastic job.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 1 day ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star

Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed
Forum | 3 days ago

Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed