Disney+’s Rogue One Prequel Series Andor Has Wrapped Production

Forum 2 years ago

Disney+’s Rogue One Prequel Series Andor Has Wrapped Production

After more than half a year of filming in the UK, Narcos: Mexico star Diego Luna has confirmed that production on Disney+’s newest Star Wars prequel series Andor has already been completed. This comes after Ewan McGregor has also recently revealed that the Obi-Wan Kenobi series has already finished its production. Both Lucasfilm projects are currently slated to make their Disney+ debuts in 2022.

In a recent interview with Deadline, Luna also went on to express how excited he is for everyone to see the work they’ve done, promising fans to expect some appearances from “familiar faces.”

“To be honest, it’s been such a blessing to do this job and to do it under these circumstances,” Luna said. “I had the chance to work with a team that I couldn’t be more proud of and admire more. It’s a hard-core moment to be out there shooting, and we were really lucky. We’re done with the shooting now and getting it ready for audiences to see it.”

He added, “While I can’t say much, what I can tell you is that the experience was literally a transformation for me. It’s something that I really wanted to do and that I thought I was not going to be able to do. I’m more than happy.”

Disney+’s Andor features Diego Luna as he reprises his Rogue One role of Cassian Andor. Set five years before the events of Rogue One, the series will follow the adventures of the titular hero rebel spy during the formative years of the Rebellion. It will explore tales of espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire.

The new Star Wars prequel series will also star franchise alums Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma and Alan Tudyk as Cassian’s droid sidekick K-2SO, who won’t appear in the first season. It will also feature the introduction of Star Wars newcomers Denise Gough, Stellan Skarsgård, Kyle Soller, and Adria Arjona. It has also been rumored that Forest Whitaker,and Ben Mendelsohn are reportedly reprising their respective roles as Saw Gerrera and Director Orson Callan Krennic.The new Star Wars prequel series will also star franchise alums Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma and Alan Tudyk as Cassian’s droid sidekick K-2SO, who won’t appear in the first season. It will also feature the introduction of Star Wars newcomers Denise Gough, Stellan Skarsgård, Kyle Soller, and Adria Arjona. It has also been rumored that Forest Whitaker,and Ben Mendelsohn are reportedly reprising their respective roles as Saw Gerrera and Director Orson Callan Krennic.

Andor is executive produced by showrunner Tony Gilroy, who previously directed the reshoots for Rogue One. Gilroy was originally expected to direct the three episodes but was forced to give up the position to Black Mirror‘s Toby Haynes due to pandemic-related travel issues. Production is currently underway in the UK.

The 2016 film was a critical and box-office hit with a gross of over $1 billion worldwide. It starred Luna, Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Ben Mendelsohn.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason
Forum | 3 days ago

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

Terrifier 3 Has Wrapped Filming
Forum | 3 days ago

Terrifier 3 Has Wrapped Filming