Disney’s Onyx Collective Orders Kerry Washington’s Legal Drama Series

Forum 2 years ago

Disney’s Onyx Collective Orders Kerry Washington’s Legal Drama Series

Disney’s recently launched Onyx Collective has greenlit its first series, a legal drama from Kerry Washington, according to a recent report from The Hollywood Reporter.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a8cdca3d2f98c20f78d8a3a8a0ff4f79.jpgOnyx Collective launched recently with the purpose to release and highlight work from creators of color and other underrepresented voices. The series, titled Reasonable Doubt, will come from executive producers Kerry Washington and Larry Wilmore and will stream on Hulu, with Washington set to direct the first episode.

Reasonable Doubt will star Emayatzy Corinealdi (Ballers) as a defense attorney and will be written by Raamla Mohamed, who is also attached to the series as an executive producer. The series will center on Jax Stewart, a lawyer with “questionable ethics” who also happens to be one of the most brilliant defense attorneys in all of Los Angeles.

“Simpson Street was founded with the belief that we are each the lead character in the story of our lives regardless of who we are, where we are born, what we believe or who we love,” Kerry Washington said in a statement regarding the move. “Each of us deserves to be and to see ourselves at the center of the narrative. It’s a privilege to partner with Onyx, a brand dedicated to centering creators of color and underrepresented voices, on their first scripted drama series.

“I am excited to be working with the great Larry Wilmore and to be once again collaborating with the brilliant Raamla Mohamed, who will lead an all-Black writers room on a series led by the phenomenal Emayatzy Corinealdi. This is a proud moment for all of us at Simpson Street and we could not ask for better partners all around.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 6 hours ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 1 day ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC