What If…? Director: Star Lord T’Challa Spin-Off Was in Development

Forum 2 years ago

What If…? Director: Star Lord T’Challa Spin-Off Was in Development

During an interview with Variety, What If…? head writer A.C. Bradley and director Bryan Andrews discussed the first season of the animated Disney+ series from Marvel Studios and plans for Season 2, including confirming that the creators were initially planning to spin off the Star Lord T’Challa character into his own show.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4378747935fab6b2e1e25db646323c69.jpg

“Chadwick [Boseman] had recorded his Star Lord T’Challa stuff early,” said Andrews. “But we had those later episodes that he appeared in sporadically, and it was a long stretch before we got him [again]. And it was not long after the final recording that he passed. I think it was maybe just a few months, or a month. None of us knew, obviously. But, um, we got him in time to have everything [for Season 1]. I think he was also trying to make an effort because T’Challa was so important to him — and also this new version of Star Lord T’Challa was so important to him. He dug it.

“I don’t know if he knew this, but there was planning to have Star Lord T’Challa spin off into his own show with that universe and that crew and that whole thing. We were all very excited. We know he would have loved it, too. And then, you know, he passed, and so all that’s in limbo. So, who knows? Maybe one day.”

What If…? flips the script on the MCU, reimagining famous events from the films in unexpected ways. Marvel Studios’ first animated series focuses on different heroes from the MCU, featuring a voice cast that includes a host of stars reprising their roles.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 5 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 13 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel