Gary Lineker reacts as Ronaldo wins POTM award ahead of Salah

Forum 2 years ago

Gary Lineker reacts as Ronaldo wins POTM award ahead of Salah

Former Barcelona star, Gary Lineker, has reacted to Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, winning the Premier League player of the month of September ahead of Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/efc966ad2af449a84cb81c5abe70415c.jpg

Ronaldo won the award on Friday, beating Salah and four other contenders to the September award.

His fine form for Man United since his return to Old Trafford in the summer has been rewarded, but Lineker feels the Premier League have made the wrong choice by not giving Salah the award after the Egyptian forward scored three goals in the month of September for Liverpool against Leeds, Crystal Palace and Brentford.

Reacting, Lineker wrote on Twitter, “He [Ronaldo] ‘s been terrific, but @MoSalah should’ve won this….comfortably.”

Ronaldo has so far scored three goals for Man United in the Premier League so far this season.

The Portugal captain scored two goals on his eagerly-awaited second debut against Newcastle at Old Trafford,

He then followed that up with a goal against West Ham United the week after.

But the former Juventus hitman failed to score against Aston Villa as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side slipped to a narrow defeat.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 11 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 16 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 18 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 20 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted