Apple TV+’s Sci-Fi Series Foundation Renewed for a Second Season

Forum 2 years ago

Apple TV+’s Sci-Fi Series Foundation Renewed for a Second Season

After debuting two weeks ago, Apple TV+ has officially granted creator David S. Goyer’s sci-fi drama series Foundation an early second season renewal. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/da64b66e73e4ee5f34157d4969361347.jpgThe series adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s iconic novel has already released its first four episodes, which are now available for streaming on Apple TV+.

“Since my childhood I’ve dreamed of how Hari Seldon and Eto Demerzel would look and sound – what Terminus and Trantor would feel like,” Goyer said. “Now, with season two, our audience will get to visit more of Asimov’s indelible characters and worlds, including Hober Mallow, General Bel Riose, and all the Outer Suns. I’m thrilled that a whole new generation of fans are reading Asimov’s brilliant masterwork. We’re playing the long game with ‘Foundation’ and I’m grateful to my partners at Apple and Skydance for entrusting me with this epic. Buckle up. We’re about to fold some serious space.”

Apple TV+’s Foundation hails from creator and executive producer David S. Goyer, who is also serving as showrunner. It stars Emmy Award nominees Jared Harris as Hari Seldon and Lee Pace as Brother Day along with Lou Llobell as Gaal Dornick; Leah Harvey as Salvor Hardin; Laura Birn as Demerzel; Terrence Mann as Brother Dusk; Cassian Bilton as Brother Dawn; and Alfred Enoch as Raych.

Producer Robyn Asimov added, “David Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ has surpassed all my expectations by bringing my father’s philosophy and ideas to the screen in ways he could never do while staying true to his work. I know my father would have been proud to see his iconic story come to life through the show’s visual beauty and the layered characters, understanding full well his words would need this cinematic translation. My father was deeply indebted to his fans, to their loyalty and always hoped his work would pass through to following generations. The ‘Foundation’ series is fulfilling his wish (and mine) by introducing his work to a vast array of new readers. Given the cerebral nature of the ‘Foundation’ books, this series is a tour de force.”

“When revolutionary Dr. Hari Seldon predicts the impending fall of the Empire, he and a band of loyal followers venture to the far reaches of the galaxy to establish The Foundation in an attempt to rebuild and preserve the future of civilization,” reads the official synopsis. “Enraged by Hari’s claims, the ruling Cleons — a long line of emperor clones — fear their grasp on the galaxy may be weakening as they’re forced to reckon with the potential reality of losing their legacy forever.

The 10-episode series chronicles the stories of four crucial individuals transcending space and time as they overcome deadly crises, shifting loyalties, and complicated relationships that will ultimately determine the fate of humanity.”

Foundation is executive produced by Robyn Asimov, Josh Friedman, Cameron Welsh, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Bill Bost. It is a co-production between Apple Studios and Skydance Television.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason
Forum | 3 days ago

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy
Forum | 3 days ago

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy