Patty Jenkins Gives Wonder Woman 3 Update at DC FanDome

Forum 2 years ago

Patty Jenkins Gives Wonder Woman 3 Update at DC FanDome

During Saturday’s DC FanDome event, director Patty Jenkins revealed that work on the upcoming third Wonder Woman film has officially begun, with legendary actor Lynda Carter also confirming she would be in the film.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/50c34d6cd0fd3f1161c762b4c9743127.jpg

The pair appeared during a segment on the iconic comic book character at FanDome, and while they didn’t say much on the upcoming third film, Carter did say she couldn’t wait for fans to see what Jenkins had in store before the director teased what to expect.

“We’re super excited about Wonder Woman 3,” Jenkins said. “And Gal [Gadot] is so so bummed not to be here…but we are all three very excited about some exciting things coming up.”

Both Jenkins and Gal Gadot will return to the series, with Jenkins once again writing and directing the third entry in the trilogy. From the sounds of it, Carter will also have a much larger role in the upcoming film, after her character was teased at the end of Wonder Woman 1984. In an interview with German magazine Greek last year, Jenkins also hinted at Wonder Woman 3 being her last film with the franchise.

“[Wonder Woman 1984] gave me a chance to do a lot of things that I couldn’t accommodate in the first movie,” Jenkins said. “I was so happy to tell the Wonder Woman origin story. It was almost her birth, but we really haven’t seen what she is capable of. It is exciting for me to show her at the peak of her strength. But it is also very important that she fights an internal struggle: she is a Goddess and tries to help humanity. She is not only someone who fights evil, she tries to show bad people how to improve. It’s an interesting dilemma.”

“The next one is probably my last Wonder Woman movie,” Jenkins continued, “so I have to put everything I want to show there. We have to think carefully.”

Currently, not too much else is known about the third Wonder Woman film, although Warner Bros. did note last year that it would have a traditional theatrical release rather than the day-and-date release structure that Wonder Woman 1984 did.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 2 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 3 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini
Forum | 3 days ago

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini