Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Featurette Teases Faithful Adaptation

Forum 2 years ago

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Featurette Teases Faithful Adaptation

Sony Pictures has released the first Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City featurette for the upcoming horror reboot of the popular video game series, which is currently slated to make its debut on November 24.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/08a7d7370ea6fa4b134c3fbd07296e38.jpg

The video, which you can check out below along with the new poster, features writer-director Johannes Roberts as he promises fans an adaptation that will remain faithful to its source material. It also gives us a preview of the side-by-side comparisons between the scenes from the film and the game from its location to its character and set designs.

Returning to the terrifying roots of the massively popular Resident Evil franchise, fan, and filmmaker Johannes Roberts brings the games of the billion-dollar franchise and the most successful video game adaptation in history to life for a whole new generation of fans. The upcoming movie will be an official origin story to Capcom’s long-running survival horror video game franchise, which will be unrelated to Paul W.S. Anderson’s Milla Jovovich-led franchise.

“In Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town,” reads the official synopsis. “The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland, with great evil brewing below the surface, and when that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever changed and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.”

The film stars Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine, Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield, Tom Hopper as Albert Wesker, Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy, Neal McDonough as William Birkin, and Lily Gao as Ada Wong, Joining them are Chad Rook as Richard Aiken, Donal Logue as Chief Brian Irons, and Marina Mazepa as Lisa Trevor, marking the live-action debuts for the characters. Among the main characters from the video games, only Leon S. Kennedy wasn’t featured in Sony’s first Resident Evil films.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City is directed by Johannes Roberts (47 Meters Down) from a screenplay he co-wrote with Greg Russo. Producers are Constantin Films’ Robert Kulzer, James Harris from Tea Shop Productions, and Hartley Gorenstein, with Constantin’s CEO Martin Moskowicz and Davis Film’s Victor Hadida set as executive producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return
Forum | 18 hours ago

Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 1 day ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats