Andy Robertson explains how Liverpool reacted to Diego Simeone’s touchline theatrics

Forum 2 years ago

Andy Robertson explains how Liverpool reacted to Diego Simeone’s touchline theatrics

The Reds ran out 3-2 winners over Atletico Madrid in a fiery Champions League team level conflict on the Wanda Metropolitano, which ended with Simeone storming off at full-time

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0fc93e57ee98f67f9a9a908f729806c8.jpg

‘3 grimy issues’ fulfill Klopp as Liverpool beat Atleti

Liverpool defender Andy Robertson says the Reds were not fazed by way of Diego Simeone’s consistent whipping up of the group all through Tuesday’s eventful Champions League win over Atletico Madrid.

The Reds ran out 3-2 winners over the L. a. Liga champions on the Wanda Metropolitano stadium, the place they roared right into a two-goal lead early on ahead of being pegged again by way of an Antoine Griezmann double.

A crimson card for the France Global Cup winner early in the second one half of allowed Liverpool to re-establish regulate, and so they took the lead once more thru Mohamed Salah’s 2d of the evening and twelfth target of the season – this time from the penalty spot.

Atletico later noticed their very own penalty denied by way of a VAR overturn, and that call was once reputedly some of the explanation why an indignant Simeone stormed down the tunnel at full-time and refused to shake Jurgen Klopp’s hand.

Simeone was once gesturing to the group during the sport

(

Symbol:

Getty Pictures)

Robertson was once happy with the way in which the Reds treated the instance, and hailed their professionalism in doing so.

“Fortunately our squad is actually skilled now, we have been to a couple actually contact puts in Europe and within the Premier League and been ready to deal with that (Simeone’s theatrics),” he advised LFCTV.

“In the second one half of you noticed that, particularly after we took the lead and penalty for them wasn’t given. I feel within the remaining 10 mins we have noticed the sport out actually, actually neatly after they had been looking to push, and get with reference to the ball.

Jurgen Klopp’s defiant Naby Keita message after half-time substitution vs Atletico Madrid

“You are no longer a pleasing individual!” Jurgen Klopp snaps at reporter and storms out of interview

“They had been looking to create that one remaining probability and we did not permit it.

“I feel that comes all the way down to us being in combination for goodbye, and to us being a wee bit older and wiser than we as soon as had been, and that confirmed this night.

“That is why we controlled to look it out when we took the lead.”

Klopp admitted he were a bit of “wound up” by way of Simeone’s movements after the fit, however defended the Atletico boss.

(

Symbol:

NurPhoto/PA Pictures)

Who will win the Champions League in 2021-22? Remark underneath.

“Yeah I do know, simply sought after to wind me up, I don’t like that however the state of affairs is apparent: I sought after to shake his hand, he didn’t need it,” he mentioned.

“His response was once run, mine [reaction] was once no longer too cool as neatly however we’re each emotional so once I see him subsequent time we will be able to shake fingers surely and not anything came about.

“He was once clearly indignant with me, the sport, the sector, stuff like this, it’s not anything else.”

At the incident, Simeone mentioned: “After I’m indignant, I recognize the location.

“I haven’t any downside, I simply have a tendency to try this after we lose and I’m no longer glad.”

The win furthers Liverpool lead on the best in their Champions League team, with the Reds having received all 3 in their suits.

Learn Extra

Jurgen Klopp on what is going to occur subsequent time he sees Diego Simeone after handshake snub

Learn Extra

Diego Simeone explains choice to snub Jurgen Klopp handshake after Liverpool defeat

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 2 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City